Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Animals are Angels

My daughter crate trained her puppy. Now ten months later I have discovered the many blessings of this practice and know that when we come home from work, everything will be as we left it in the morning. Juniper Berry, also sleeps in her crate at night. In the morning when she has to attend to her natural callings, and if neither one of has let her out, she lets us know by barking.

We also have a thirteen year old cat, Sabrina, who has not accepted the dog. Juniper has grown bigger and moves much faster as she chases Sabrina through the house in fun. Not for Sabrina, who while being pursued, is looking ahead for high furniture she can jump to leaving Juniper disappointed and wondering how she can get up there after the cat.

We have noticed how Sabrina likes to taunt Juniper when they are separated by a glass door when the dog is in the patio. Or when Sabrina knows she is high enough, she will dangle a paw and tease Juniper playing “Catch me if you can!”

One morning, Juniper started barking. My room is closest to where she sleeps so I hear her first. A mistake on my part when my daughter and I bought the house, but then getting a dog was not in the plans. I tried to ignore her, and remembered the night before both my daughter and I had gone to bed early. So I am thinking her little bladder is needing to empty. As I walk out of my room I see Sabrina walking out of the room where Juniper’s crate is. She demurely and innocently says a loud ‘miau’ and then I get it. Sabrina had been playing with one of Juniper’s toys right in front of her fully aware of the dog’s incarceration

It’s like having kids again! They test our patience, and so much fun to watch, better than T.V.
Animals are Angels that come into our lives to soothe away pain, love us unconditionally and make us smile.

I am grateful for the opportunity to share this story with you. For more information or if I can assist you in communicating with your pet, please contact me at my website http://www.fromme2youonline.com

From Me 2 You Online
Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment